I’m writing a paper on the difference between misandry and feminism. And learning a lot of things.
Did you know that:
- Women perform 66% of the world’s work, but receive only 11% of the world’s income
- women own only 1% of the world’s land
- Women account for 55% of all college students, but even when women have equal years of education it doesn’t translate into economic and political power, as it does with men.
- In government, there are 190 heads of state and only nine of them are women.
- Out of all the people in the Parliament only 13% are women.
- In the corporate world, of the C-level jobs and board seats, only 15- 16 of them are women.
And that women:
- couldn’t get an education
- couldn’t work
- couldn’t sign their own contracts
- couldn’t get custody of their own children in the case of divorce
- couldn’t keep control over their own property and wages when they got married
- and couldn’t do much more because it was “unfeminine”
So even though I won’t exactly be burning my bra anytime soon, I’m starting to admire the feminist movement. They made a lot of noise. And have helped make progress. So even though I don’t consider myself a feminist, I’m all for being able to chose abortion in the case of rape, equal wages, equal rights, and the ability to choose what happens with your body in the case of marriage. Hey? The woo- hoo is in between my legs, I get to control the cookie, mister! But I’m not worried. I’m confident that we will one day live in a world that women will have fifty percent of the work in everything. Because women can do just as much work and the same work as a man does. Hell, we can even do it better sometimes. And “Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.” I know that I’m a woman and I can do anything I set my mind to. And don’t have to use my vajay-jay to get it. I have things like intelligence, talent, and a God- given will. So I’m all set.
Hello! My name is “Some Fabulous Chick” and even though I’m not a feminist, I know I have the ability to run the world. ‘Cause damn it .. I’m a woman! And I just got it like that.