July is the seventh month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian Calendars and one of seven months with the length of 31 days. It was named by the Roman Senate in honor of the Roman general, Julius Caesar, it being the month of his birth. Prior to that, it was called Quintilis.
It is, on average, the warmest month in most of the Northern hemisphere (where it is the second month of summer) and the coldest month in much of the Southern hemisphere (where it is the second month of winter). The second half of the year commences in July. In the Southern hemisphere, July is the seasonal equivalent of January in the Northern hemisphere.
Other July facts:
- July’s birthstone is the ruby, which symbolizes contentment
- Its birth flowers are the Larkspur or the Water Lily.
- The Zodiac signs for the month of July include Cancer (astrology) (until July 21) and Leo (astrology) (July 22 onward).
Characteristics of people born in July:
- Fun to be with
- Difficult to fathom and to be understood
- Quiet unless excited or tensed
- Takes pride in oneself
- Has reputation
- Easily consoled
- Concern about people’s feelings
- Very emotional
- Temperamental and unpredictable
- Moody and easily hurt
- Witty and starkly
- Not revengeful
- Forgiving but never forgets
- Dislike nonsensical and unnecessary things
- Guides others physically and mentally
- Sensitive and forms impressions carefully
- Caring and loving
- Treats others equally
- Strong sense of sympathy
- Wary and sharp
- Judge people through observations
- No difficulties in studying
- Loves to be alone
- Likes to be quiet
- Homely person
- Waits for friends
- Never looks for friends
- Not aggressive unless provoked
- Loves to be loved
- Overly concerned
- Puts in effort in work
Other facts about July? This is the month that I graduate. Finally! Thank, Gawd.
May you have a beautiful July! Happy sun bathing!