Five awards in two days? She (meaning me) cannot handle all of this! OMG. I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award which I just found out is a way to recognize blogs who have fewer than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued and I most definitely feel better after finding out I’ve been nominated for this award. Thank you so much Equestriangradstudent for your nomination! I’ve never visited your blog before, but I will most definitely be checking it out after your wonderful nomination! 🙂
So here are 11 random facts about me:
- I’ve recently discovered that I drive better in heels.
- Like my nominator, “Equestriangradstudent,” I’m a vegetarian, too!
- My favorite artist is Florence + The Machine. And for that reason, my mother is convinced that I was switched at birth, even though she listens to Kenny Rogers and watches the Andy Griffith Show.
- I woke up to Taylor Swift music this morning! Woo hoo!
- I won 4 ribbons yesterday in horse show! The first was a 4th place, then a 3rd place, and then a 1st place and then they gave me a “Reserve Champion” ribbon for second place over all. The judge told me I had lovely knees and the best quiet hands. Yeah, baby! And it was my first show ever!
- My newest fashion obsession is drop crotch pants, or as I call them “Genie pants.”
- My favorite movie is “Funny Girl” starring Barbara Streisand.
- I’ve always wanted a draft horse because they’re really tall and some look like they have on furry boots- like Snooki when she wears furry boots in the summer.
- I just started my first job! I work at a bank as an “intern” during the summer before I go to college.
- The best dessert I’ve ever eaten is crem brulee. My favorite meal would probably be an organic Amy’s Cheese Pizza and crem brulee for dessert.
- I live by quotes. My favorite quotes are four that I’ve posted on the blog:
- Everyday is a fashion show and the world is your runway.
- When you have come to the edge of all the light you have and step into the darkness of the unknown, believe that one of the two will happen to you either you’ll find something solid to stand on or you’ll be taught how to fly! -Richard Bach
- Innocence: I am only stepping on your face because it lies in my path -Mason Cooley
- I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a b*tch. You’ve got to go out and kick a*s. -Maya Angelou
And now here are the answers to the questions from Equestriangradstudent:
1. What was your very first experience with horses?
I can’t even remember. I’ve always had a love for horses, long before I was riding as consistently as I am now. At events and field trips, I always wanted to ride the ponies/ horses. One of my first parties as a little girl was actually at the farm that I take lessons at now. All my little friends got cowgirl hats.
2. First horse you owned?
I’ve never owned my own horse. My mother told me that if I took my horse lessons seriously she would buy me a horse, that was until I decided I wanted to go away to college. I haven’t heard much talk about getting my own horse since. I do plan to buy some land and have my own farm, complete with plenty of horses (one of the mares will be named Duchess) and a hot pink tractor.
3. Your current mount?
*She Googles “mount”* I have no idea how to answer this question. Does this mean horse? My first idea was to say that I hate “leg- ups” because I don’t like being tossed in the air. Lolz. I’m sorry. When I become a more advanced rider I’m sure I’ll be able to answer this question.
4. Describe him/her in one word:
*Crickets* I don’t know…
5. The horse you learned the most from?
Lady Lightning. She’s taught me and is teaching me to be brave and tougher. She’s considered to be old, because she’s twenty- four and horses only live to about thirty, so she’s very intuitive. If I’m nervous or don’t believe in myself when I ask her to do something, she won’t do it. She’s showed me that I have to believe that I can do something, and that I can achieve it and that it can be fun. She’s also taught me the art of nonchalant- ness and the value of being the sweetest thing ever…
6. Favorite saddle? Why?
I know you’re asking about specific types of saddles. I ride English. I’m not sure about the different types of English saddles. But my favorite color is pink. If I ever found a pink saddle I bet you that would be my favorite saddle. Why? ‘Cause it would be pink. Pink is awesome.
7. Piece of tack you couldn’t do without?
8. Do you compete?
Yes. My first ever horse show was last Sunday where I won the four ribbons that I mentioned above. I never thought that I would ever compete or do any shows, because I just wasn’t interested in competition. But after that show and winning a first place ribbon, I’m really excited about competing more and moving up to more advanced categories. The one thing I’d never compete in is horse racing. I’d be too afraid of bursting the horse’s heart (which is a real thing). I love horses too much to do something that could be that potentially dangerous. Also, the college I’ll be attending has an equestrian team that I plan to join, and they compete so I plan to participate in that.
9. Favorite horsey memory?
I was in Lady Lightning’s stall and I had a bag with a camera in it to take a picture of her. I was looking in the bag for the camera and she walked up to me, looking for food of course. I said “I don’t have any food. See?” I asked and I held open the bag for her to see for herself. She stuck her whole face in the bag, looking for food.
10. Favorite non-horsey pastime?
Reading. I love reading. I’m supposed to be getting “Carrie” and Tyra Bank’s book. My favorite genre is fiction as you may have assessed. I also like shopping. That’s one of the reasons why I’ll be a good interior designer. If shopping were a sport I’d be in the Olympics. 2016, baby!
11. Goals for this year?
To spend as much quality time with my friends and family before I leave for college. I want to have good relationships with everyone before I leave because I want their love and my memories of them to carry me through these next four years and still have good, strong, and healthy relationships when I come back. I also want to pass this upcoming test to graduate and survive this three hour a day math class that meets three days a week that I have coming up… Pray for me.
OK. So “Some Fabulous Chick’s Blog.” is all about real beauty, fashion, quotes, design, discovering who I am, creating who I want to be, and some other random things. So in honor of everything (including the randomness) that my blog is about, here are my questions/ requests for my nominees:
- Name a random thing in your room.
- Name a random thing in your purse/ bag or man purse.
- Name your favorite feature. Physically and personality wise.
- What’s your favorite quote?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever given?
- Best gift you’ve ever gotten? Tangible and not tangible.
- Tell me about the best moment in your life.
- Why do you blog?
- And now, for my Oprah question, who are you?
- And now, for my me question, what makes you fabulous?
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know you have nominated them.
Here are the nominees:
- The Life of Armani
- World Without Winter
- CURLS AND CARDIGANS
- Your Shopping Friend
- My Journey to Beat Leukemia
- Fear and Loathing in Chicago
- Dressage Different
- Toes In, Heels Down
- MY BEAUTIFUL BAY
- A Gift Horse
This newly found working girl has a test to study for. Thank you again “Equestriangradstudent” for your nomination. You are fabulous, dahhhling.
Kisses and well wishes!